“Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do! I like them, Sam-I-Am!”
-from Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
If you’re looking to step up your breakfast game, we have a simple, but impressive recipe for you!
This green eggs and ham frittata is packed with protein and flavor. The egg base delivers zinc, selenium, iron and B vitamins while the leeks provide vitamins A, K and C. Spinach helps to maintain bone health. The ham and cheese add a delicious flavor to top it all off.
More breakfast recipes:
- Omelet Donuts
- Turkey and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
- Healthy No-Bake Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies
- 6 large eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup diced low-fat and low sodium ham
- ½ cup shredded Havarti or Muenster cheese
Green Eggs and Ham Frittata
1. Position the rack in the upper third of your oven; preheat to 450°F.
2. Whisk eggs, egg whites, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, stirring occasionally until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham, cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!
Print the Recipe
Save to Pinterest